Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by I-Lin Kuo <ik...@hotmail.com> on 2003/02/17 22:11:00 UTC

second instance not picking up sitemap

I'm running Cocoon 2.0.4 on Tomcat 4.1.12 on Apache 1.3.6 on UNIX but I'm
developing with 2.0.4 on Tomcat on Apache 2.

I figured I'd develop and test on my own machine and then copy the files
over. The sysadmin has kindly cloned the production instance of Cocoon (
just by copying the folder) so that there are now two identical folders --
cocoon and cocoonDev1 -- in tomcat/WEB-INF. So, I figured I could just copy
over my sitemap and any additional XSL/XML files and start running.

The problem is that the dev instance of Cocoon doesn't seem to be picking up
my sitemap. I know this because my sitemap doesn't match "status" and yet
typing in "http://mainsite:8080/cocoonDev1/status" brings up the status
page. It does seem to be a different instance from the production however,
because the caching information at the bottom of the cocoonDev1/status page
is very different from the http://mainsite:8080/status page.

Is it possible that there might be something in the .xconf file which is
doing this, or something in Apache? He made some modification a while back
so that the URL for the production site is http://mainsite:8080/* rather
than http://mainsite:8080/cocoon/* but doesn't remember what that
modification was.