Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Phil Wilson <pi...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/12 19:56:59 UTC

Transport error?

Hi,

I have a small xmlrpc client application which connects to a server using
XmlRpcClient. A few days ago I had to reinstall my OS, and now I always get
a "-32000 transport error" returned when I try to connect to the xmlrpc
server. As far as I'm aware nothing's changed on either my local network nor
on the server's network. Any explanation or solution would be greatly
appreciated as this error doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.

Phil.

Re: Transport error?

Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.
> I have a small xmlrpc client application which connects to a server using
> XmlRpcClient. A few days ago I had to reinstall my OS, and now I always
get
> a "-32000 transport error" returned when I try to connect to the xmlrpc
> server. As far as I'm aware nothing's changed on either my local network
nor
> on the server's network. Any explanation or solution would be greatly
> appreciated as this error doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.

Do you have TCP/IP enabled in your new install. Can you ping the server from
your machine?

It would be helpful if you could post the actual message (including stack
trace) from the application.

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk