Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Nikhil Pawar <ni...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/25 11:23:58 UTC

Requirement to add profession and marital status to m_client table

Hello Devs,

Its been a long awaited requirement to add Marital status and Profession/
occupation to m_client table. Clients have been using data tables to work
around this short coming.
Marital status would be fed with system defined code_values:

   - Single
   - Married
   - Divorced

While Profession/Occupation would be left open for user defined code_values.
Let us know your thoughts about it.

Regards,
Nikhil

Re: Requirement to add profession and marital status to m_client table

Posted by Nikhil Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hello Awasum,

Thank you for your feedback.
I think these details can be captured in newly proposed m_family_member
table.

Regards,
Nikhil

Posted by Sendoro Juma <se...@singo.co.tz>.
+1 on Awasum comments.

I came to realize that anyone capturing this information in advance is in better situation to support credit scoring and hence support.. the MFI's growth.

Cheers
Sendoro

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@skylabase.com>.

Posted by Nikhil Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sendoro,

After you brought this point forward. I went through the documentation of
an Indian Credit bureau and they are expecting following values for marital
status:

   - Cohabitating
   - Divorced
   - Married
   - Not Asked
   - Not Given
   - Other
   - Separated
   - Single
   - To Be Married
   - Widowed

For obvious reasons, we cannot accommodate all the fields expected by
different credit bureaus.
I think we should wait for further inputs from the community as to what
fields they feel are important to be included and come to general
consensus.

Regards,
Nikhil