Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "NKrohn@gmx.de" <NK...@gmx.de> on 2011/12/16 15:57:14 UTC

problem with subversion command: svn propset

Hello,

used subversion version:
svn, version 1.6.16

Problem:
svn propset fixlog '-r HEAD:23384' .

Returned error:
svn: Syntax error in revision argument ' HEAD:23384'

The problem is the first charcter of the property value '-'. It seems that the
hyphen '-' is taken as a subversion parameter. When I insert a blank as first
charcter of the property value (before the hyphen), it works. Is it a subversion
error? How can I set a property value, which has a hyphen as first character value?

Thank you!

Best regards
Nils Krohn

Re: problem with subversion command: svn propset

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 03:57:14PM +0100, NKrohn@gmx.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> used subversion version:
> svn, version 1.6.16
>
> Problem:
> svn propset fixlog '-r HEAD:23384' .
>
> Returned error:
> svn: Syntax error in revision argument ' HEAD:23384'
>

> The problem is the first charcter of the property value '-'. It
> seems that the hyphen '-' is taken as a subversion parameter. When I
> insert a blank as first charcter of the property value (before the
> hyphen), it works. Is it a subversion error? How can I set a
> property value, which has a hyphen as first character value?
>
> Thank you!

You have to tell the option parser to stop looking for more options.
Try inserting -- like this:

svn propset -- fixlog '-r HEAD:23384' .