Posted to dev@freemarker.apache.org by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu> on 2015/09/12 10:02:38 UTC

Fwd: [Mentors] Starting IP clearance process?

Just wanted to bring the below mail to your attention, as it was now 9
days without any reaction.

This is a forwarded message
From: Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>
To: dev@freemarker.incubator.apache.org
Date: Thursday, September 3, 2015, 12:56:50 AM
Subject: [Mentors] Starting IP clearance process?

Dear Mentors (and others who want to help),

We have the 3 repos (freemarker, docgen, site) imported as you might
noticed from the flood of commit messages (sorry...), and I have
changed the copyright headers, ensured that the 3 standard legal files
(NOTICE, LICENSE and DISCLAIMER) are there, and removed files that I
have spotted with unclear copyright. So, gloss over the 3 projects if
you want to, and then I think I should add a tag like "ip-clearance",
and the more official review could be started. Or something like
that... Please advise!

 Daniel Dekany

Re: [Mentors] Starting IP clearance process?

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@redlink.co>.
So far looks good, Jacopo, so go ahead.

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager

Re: [Mentors] Starting IP clearance process?

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 21, 2015, at 7:02 PM, Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu> wrote:

> OK. If it's good enough for ASF, it's surely good for me.
>
> (What will bit a bit funny though, is that in the last monthly report
> I have stated that we are starting the IP clearance soon, also some
> PPMC members have signed that. Now it turns out that it was already
> done... Whatever.)

It should be fine, you could write something like this in your next report:

the IP clearance process is now complete given that:
1) FreeMarker was already licensed under the ASL 2.0
2) Software License Agreements have been collected (and have been filed by the ASF Secretary) for the former copyright owners that are no more active and involved in the project
3) Contributor License Agreements have been collected (and have been filed by the ASF Secretary) for the main contributors of the project, that are now committers of the incubating project
4) notices in the project mailing lists and website have been published to announce that the project is now incubating @ASF and to invite potential contributors to participate in the new home
5) license headers have been updated to reflect the new copyright

To all, please review my notes above and correct them if you see any errors.

Jacopo

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
Daniel,

Re: Fwd: [Mentors] Starting IP clearance process?

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@redlink.co>.