Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Thomas Carolan <TC...@gnf.org> on 2009/12/17 21:08:35 UTC

Ignoring Validation Errors

Is there a way to ignore validation errors using XSSF?  Eliminating the green checkmark warnings "Number stored as text" is my ultimate goal. In my circumstance the values should be text because they often have leading zeros, eg 00012345. So I want the value to be text but for the validation checks to ignore those cells. Any ideas are greatly appreciate. And congrats on releasing version 3.6! The comments in XSSF are great.

Tom Carolan

Re: Ignoring Validation Errors

Posted by MSB <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
The other tack you may want to try is using a template file. Using Excel,
create an empty workbook, set the error checking options off and then save
the file away. Open this file using POI, populate a few cells and then save
the results away again. Now, when you open the file using Excel again, what
are the results? Hoepfully, the error checking options are set and stored
and the workbook level, passed through unchanged by POI and give you the
results you require; that is hopefully however as I have never tried this
myself.

Yours

Mark B

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.