Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Alex Kosberg <Al...@rbbn.com> on 2022/03/30 11:31:37 UTC

spark ETL and spark thrift server running together

Hi,
Some details:
*         Spark SQL (version 3.2.1)
*         Driver: Hive JDBC (version 2.3.9)
*         ThriftCLIService: Starting ThriftBinaryCLIService on port 10000 with 5...500 worker threads
*         BI tool is connect via odbc driver
After activating Spark Thrift Server I'm unable to run pyspark script using spark-submit as they both use the same metastore_db
error:
Caused by: ERROR XJ040: Failed to start database 'metastore_db' with class loader org.apache.spark.sql.hive.client.IsolatedClientLoader$$anon$1@3acaa384<ma...@3acaa384>, see the next exception for details.
        at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown Source)
        ... 140 more
Caused by: ERROR XSDB6: Another instance of Derby may have already booted the database /tmp/metastore_db.

I need to be able to run PySpark (Spark ETL) while having spark thrift server up for BI tool queries. Any workaround for it?
Thanks!

Notice: This e-mail together with any attachments may contain information of Ribbon Communications Inc. and its Affiliates that is confidential and/or proprietary for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, disclosure, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: spark ETL and spark thrift server running together

Posted by Alex Kosberg <Al...@rbbn.com>.
Hi Christophe,
Thank you for the explanation!

Regards,