Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by ig...@ca.ibm.com on 2002/12/10 01:26:57 UTC

Re: XSLTC and XALAN

>Do I take this to mean that I need to use XSLTC if I need to do repeated
transformations using >the same XSLT sheet?
No. Take a look at \xml-xalan\samples
e.g. for trax
// Instantiate the TransformerFactory, and use it along with a SteamSource
      // XSL stylesheet to create a Transformer.
      Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource(xslInURI));

  // Perform the transformation from a StreamSource to a StreamResult;
      //transformer.transform(new StreamSource(xmlInURI),
      //                      new StreamResult(new
FileOutputStream(htmlOutURI)));

        transformer.transform(new StreamSource(xmlInURI),
                            new StreamResult(fileOut));

>What are advantages of XSLTC over XALAN processor?
They are just different. XSLTC gives you opportunity to "pre-compile" you
stylesheet.
One can be faster or slower depending on you application.

Igor Hersht
XSLT Development
IBM Canada Ltd., 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario L6G 1C7
Office D2-260, Phone (905)413-3240 ; FAX  (905)413-4839