Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Sean Hulbert <sh...@securitycentric.net.INVALID> on 2022/09/13 17:07:28 UTC

High memory usage on idle server

Hello

I am running Guacamole 1.4.0 (Ubuntu 20.04 TLS) with MySQL and MFA, we have
12G memory allocated to the server and its peaking 11G in usage when there
are no connections.

What is interesting, our other servers we have allocated 64G ram and on idle
they consume 10G-12G; any thoughts on why these processes are such pigs?

Here is a TOP Image

Re: High memory usage on idle server

Posted by Lee Doughty <le...@virginiacyberrange.org>.
Sean,

To restate what Philip said:
"Linux uses available Memory as file cache"

You are misunderstanding the buff/cache item and assuming there's a problem
-- this is an very common (but also incorrect) assumption

Please read more on the topic here: https://www.linuxatemyram.com/

Linux is doing smart things to make the server operate faster, this does
not have a negative impact on your system, in fact, it is speeding up
access times for files since they can be read from memory instead of
pulling data from disk/NFS.

-Lee

Posted by Sean Hulbert <sh...@securitycentric.net.INVALID>.

Posted by Philipp Zeitschel <ph...@zeitschel.net.INVALID>.