Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jeff Tulley <JT...@novell.com> on 2003/05/14 21:19:51 UTC

Code difference between forwards and redirects

Remy, or others:
  Remy mentioned yesterday that it would be good to refactor the
FormAuthenticator to use forwards instead of redirects.  I am now
beginning to understand why (I think), but I don't quite understand the
how part.

Redirects are simple:  hresponse.sendRedirect(SOMEURL)
How then, in the code do you perform a forward?  What is the difference
at that level?  (I think I understand the behavior difference level, and
do not need a rehash of that).

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com