Posted to users@maven.apache.org by lightbulb432 <ve...@hotmail.com> on 2007/12/03 19:43:21 UTC

Default executions

How can I find out the default plugin executions? For example, how would I
know that maven-clean-plugin or maven-site-plugin isn't automatically in the
build lifecycle (therefore requiring me to do a mvn clean or mvn site
specifically or adding it as an execution in pom.xml)?

Also, why does mvn clean automatically run mvn clean:clean for
maven-clean-plugin (or mvn site run mvn site:site for maven-site-plugin)?
clean (and site) doesn't seem to be a lifecycle phase
(http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html).

Thanks.

Re: Default executions

Posted by lightbulb432 <ve...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks, that's a useful link.

I noticed that the surefire test plugin is bound by default for the war
packaging, but in my build that doesn't happen. If I include a plugin
element in pom.xml with groupId and artifactId but no other information,
does it override the default execution binding to the test phase? (i.e.
should I remove it altogether?)

Re: Default executions

Posted by Martin Hoeller <ma...@xss.co.at>.