Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Paolo Chiarotto (LCL)" <pc...@ngco.com> on 2003/05/27 13:53:03 UTC

Runaway Processes?

We have been using 4.0.6 on Redhat quite successfully for the past
several months.

We are upgrading to 4.1.24 on Redhat AS.  I notice when I start tomcat
that 3 or 4 tomcat processes begin (all running java) and as someone
tries to connect to the site many many more tomcat processes start all
running java as well.  This is really bogging down the server.  The
catalino.out shows the site starting but in the browser I am not seeing
the page.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Paolo.