Posted to packagers@httpd.apache.org by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/01 19:08:22 UTC

test message: still not received a message from the list

testing after 20+ hours

Re: AIX packaging

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.
Initially I have been using the embedded apr. My next thought was to look
at using having apr external.

So, I'll look into that 'earlier', rather than later.

Re: AIX packaging

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Re: AIX packaging

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.
I have used the same files for two builds (2.2.22 and 2.4.0).

For some reason, 2.2.22 will not install to TEMPDIR without the build being
installed in the "normal" area first.
With 2.4.0 the "make install TEMPDIR" command works, but I am getting
several errors.

Other difference between the two, largely because of code changes I expect:
So, for the same files to work on both versions:
2.2.22 and 2.4.0 require zlib and zlib-dev AIXToolbox, or equivalent
"Both" work better with coreutils installed (for /opt/freeware/bin/install)
2.4.0 requires that pcre-dev is installed.

With these installed no zlib-dir or pcre-dir options are required.

Current files are attached in a tar file.

Re: AIX packaging

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: AIX packaging

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: AIX packaging

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Re: AIX packaging

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I do not know how to download a r* update (yet), so personal patching was
the best alternative for me.
Also, I had found some 'shortcomings' in my previous scripts (when
'reusing' TEMPDIR rather than remaking it each time).

I also added a check for the AIX fileset needed, - do not start unless it
is there already :)

I am still not happy with having to run "make install" twice, as the make
install to TEMPDIR fails when it cannot find one of the libraries (looking
in /opt/httpd/lib - which might not be there)

This is not really a favorable solution - and I shall add a test for the
file (once I learn the name again) and
ask a yes/no question regarding how to proceed (do the install, or skip the
install to "real" area if the file already exists) - I'll want some advice
about alturnatives - under supposition that the live area is actually being
used - do not want to overwrite it.

Also, I am thinking, if ./Makefile already exists (or a better file?) to
skip the built-in ./configure command
and just run the make commands and then the mkinstallp.ksh (new name for
the 'packager' part, mkbuild.ksh is new name for the configure and make
part).

I'll mail the attachments separately, mail program refused then as too
large.

Michael

Re: AIX packaging

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Re: AIX packaging

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: AIX packaging

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Re: AIX packaging

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: AIX packaging

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: AIX packaging

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: AIX packaging

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.

AIX packaging

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Re: test message: still not received a message from the list

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.
should have changed the subject, i.e. started over - but probably have all
see the other posts anyway ;)

AIX packaging

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.