Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Voytenko, Dimitry" <DV...@SECTORBASE.COM> on 2000/11/14 02:41:42 UTC

XRTreeFrag and XNodeSet

Hi,

I tried to use org.apache.xalan.lib.Extensions class with nodeset() function
with Xalan J2. But I got error:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org/apache/xerces/dom/NodeImpl.supports
System Error:		at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:2711)
System Error:		at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

I tried to create the same function using built-in functions. It looked
like:

    if (obj instanceof XRTreeFrag) {
      XRTreeFrag tree_frag = (XRTreeFrag) obj;
      return new XNodeSet (tree_frag.asNodeIterator());
    }

And I got the same error. Did anyone try to run this extension? I have last
friday build of Xalan and Xerces

Thank you

Dmitry E. Voytenko

Re: XRTreeFrag and XNodeSet

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
"Voytenko, Dimitry" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to use org.apache.xalan.lib.Extensions class with nodeset() function
> with Xalan J2. But I got error:
>
> java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org/apache/xerces/dom/NodeImpl.supports
> System Error:           at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:2711)
> System Error:           at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
>
> I tried to create the same function using built-in functions. It looked
> like:
>
>     if (obj instanceof XRTreeFrag) {
>       XRTreeFrag tree_frag = (XRTreeFrag) obj;
>       return new XNodeSet (tree_frag.asNodeIterator());
>     }
>
> And I got the same error. Did anyone try to run this extension? I have last
> friday build of Xalan and Xerces

Dimitry --

It sounds like you tried to execute the XalanJ1 nodeset extension with
XalanJ2.  Be sure to check your namespace prefix in your stylesheet and
make sure it's either org.apache.xalan.lib.Extensions or
http://xml.apache.org/xalan.

HTH,
Gary