Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Vervoort, Claude" <Cl...@webct.com> on 2002/11/29 21:20:23 UTC

mixing soap encoded and literal parameters?

I have a method that takes among its parameters a complex type defined
in an external schema:

someMethod(boolean param1, long param2, Assessment param3)

I have created custom de/serializer for Assessment following the
external schema definition and added the following mapping:

     	<typeMapping
  	    xmlns:ims-qti="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/ims_qtiasiv1p2"
	    qname="ims-qti:assessment"

type="java:com.webct.platform.tools.assessment.core.asi.assessment.Asses
sment"

serializer="com.webct.platform.sdk.assessment.common.AsiAssessmentSerial
izerFactory"

deserializer="com.webct.platform.sdk.assessment.common.AsiAssessmentDese
rializerFactory"
	    encodingStyle="literal"
	/>

When the service is deployed, I view the wsdl; a new type is created for
Assesment, it doesn't refer to the external schema. Is there a way to
achieve this? Importing the external schema to wsdl? Or am I taking the
wrong approach?

Any help/guideline would be appreciated!

Thanx,

Claude