Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Anoop kumar V <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/24 15:12:49 UTC

Re: Execute multiple statements (pagination query port from oracle to mysql)

Anyone? Please help.

Anoop

Re: Execute multiple statements (pagination query port from oracle to mysql)

Posted by Anoop kumar V <an...@gmail.com>.
That is something new I never knew. I will try that and let you know..

Thanks,
Anoop

Posted by Poitras Christian <Ch...@ircm.qc.ca>.

________________________________
> [...]

>   </select>
> **********************
>
> The mysql sql seems to work just like I want when I try it at the
> mysql prompt.
> When I tried it in the sqlmap I got errors like this:
> **********************
> Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You
> have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL
> server version for the right syntax to use near ';     prepare stmt from
> @sql;     execute stmt;     drop prepare stmt' at line 1
> **********************
> what is the correct way of using it in the sqlmap? Should I use
> executeBatch? I do not want to have to change my application logic to
> make it work with both oracle and mysql - is there any other way? And
> of course I do not want to install oracle on my laptop either.

Anoop

RE: Execute multiple statements (pagination query port from oracle to mysql)

Posted by Poitras Christian <Ch...@ircm.qc.ca>.
Oups... read a little to fast...

> [...]

>   </select>
> **********************
>
> The mysql sql seems to work just like I want when I try it at the
> mysql prompt.
> When I tried it in the sqlmap I got errors like this:
> **********************
> Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You
> have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL
> server version for the right syntax to use near ';     prepare stmt from
> @sql;     execute stmt;     drop prepare stmt' at line 1
> **********************
> what is the correct way of using it in the sqlmap? Should I use
> executeBatch? I do not want to have to change my application logic to
> make it work with both oracle and mysql - is there any other way? And
> of course I do not want to install oracle on my laptop either.

Anoop

Re: Execute multiple statements (pagination query port from oracle to mysql)

Posted by Anoop kumar V <an...@gmail.com>.
Those are not quotes in the sql, those are the quotes required for the
string identifier.

My question is how can one use such multiple statements within the ibatis
sqlmap:

set @sql = concat( "select
             iams_id as iamsId
            ,division_name as divisionName
            ,region_name as regionName
            ,isactive as isActive
           from user_approvers
       limit ", #from#, ",", (#from#-#to#+1) );
    prepare stmt from @sql;
    execute stmt;
    drop prepare stmt;

Is this supported, as it is a combination of DDL and DML statements...?

Thanks,
Anoop

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Poitras Christian <
Christian.Poitras@ircm.qc.ca> wrote:

> MySQL doesn't need quotes around limit.
> It should be limit #from# (#from#-#to#+1)
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/select.html
>
> Christian

Anoop