Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Bob Rossi <bo...@cox.net> on 2006/12/15 15:33:45 UTC

testsuite

Does log4cxx have a testsuite that I can run? If so, how?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi

Re: testsuite

Posted by Bob Rossi <bo...@cox.net>.
On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 09:48:35AM -0600, Curt Arnold wrote:
> I can take your patches from here, but it will be tomorrow or early
> next week before I get a chance to do it.
>
> I'm glad you were able to get the build going.  Maybe you can help me
> as I've been a bit stumped on how to set up a MinGW build environment
> since they split it into so many pieces (MSYS, etc) and I haven't
> found the MinGW site all that helpful.  I've just stayed back with
> the old all-in-one MinGW-3.1.0 and LOGCXX-116 might just be a
> compiler bug with that specific version of gcc.

Sure, I can help, I've got it all automated. Let me know when you are
interested. As for the patches, I was interestd in having them in for
the next release. Hope that's possible.

Bob Rossi

Re: testsuite

Posted by Bob Rossi <bo...@cox.net>.
On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 09:48:35AM -0600, Curt Arnold wrote:
> I can take your patches from here, but it will be tomorrow or early
> next week before I get a chance to do it.
>
> I'm glad you were able to get the build going.  Maybe you can help me
> as I've been a bit stumped on how to set up a MinGW build environment
> since they split it into so many pieces (MSYS, etc) and I haven't
> found the MinGW site all that helpful.  I've just stayed back with
> the old all-in-one MinGW-3.1.0 and LOGCXX-116 might just be a
> compiler bug with that specific version of gcc.

Ping.

Bob Rossi

Re: testsuite

Re: testsuite

Posted by Bob Rossi <bo...@cox.net>.
On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 12:20:50AM -0600, Curt Arnold wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2006, at 1:07 PM, Bob Rossi wrote:
>
> >Attached is a patch that correctly allows the autotools to find the
> >cppunit installation when it is installed in a non standard place.
> >
> >BTW, is this list active? Is log4cxx active? It would be great if
> >someone could tell me they are at least noticing the diffs I've
> >sent in,
> >even if they can't get to them for a while.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Bob Rossi
> >

> It is better to use JIRA to record patches (http://issues.apache.org/
> jira.  It makes things easier on the developers since all code
> changes should be associated with JIRA issues and patches are much
> more likely to be noticed during bug killing sprees if they are in
> JIRA instead of depending on the developers to go back through the
> mailing list to find issues there.
>
> The following two issues address MinGW related issues with log4cxx:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-74
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-116
>
> BTW: It is also good to use separate posts for separate topics since
> it make it easier to follow topics in the archives.  As for the
> "active" part, the log4cxx-dev list is archived at several places
> (see http://logging.apache.org/site/mailing-lists.html) which makes
> it fairly easy to check the activity of the list yourself plus you
> are getting fairly timely responses when you ask a question.

OK, well, should I submit both of the patches I made to JIRA? BTW, I was
able to get past both of those problems comiling log4cxx with mingw. I
have successfully made a build, and ran the testsuite.

Bob Rossi

Re: testsuite

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.

Re: testsuite