Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by abhayd <aj...@hotmail.com> on 2011/09/20 20:24:49 UTC

facet with pivot for docs in multiple hierarchy

hi
I have been following http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HierarchicalFaceting

We have hierarchical data which we want to use as facets and some of the
docs are part of multiple hierarchy. Reason we want to use this is because
we want to get entire facet tree in one query.

so for example
Doc#1: NonFic > Law
Doc#2: NonFic > Sci
Doc#3: NonFic > Hist, NonFic > Sci > Phys

Is it possible to use pivot tree approach for this type of data?
Schema for pivot type approach looks like
category_level_1, category_level_2, category_level_3, category_level_4.

Should I make category_level_* multivalue=true  But I am not sure how that
will affect queries and results.

Any help?