Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk> on 2006/09/20 07:07:09 UTC

Woden Release

Hi,

We released both XmlSchema and Axiom, this week. I hope this cleared all
the obstacles you had to go for Woden M6. Woden M6 will remove one more
obstacle for Axis2 1.1 release.

Please use Axiom 1.1.1 and XmlSchema 1.1.

Thanks,
Chinthaka

Re: Woden Release

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Oshani,
thanks for the info.

You wrote> ..the original OMElement resolves the fragid correctly.

So the fragid is being resolved in AXIOM before XmlSchema gets called
(although not in OMUtils).  As this is not being done by Xerces/DOM, we may
need to add something similar to the Woden DOM implementation, as per
Arthur's last post on this thread.

For M6, I have updated the release notes to point out that this testcase is
failing with the DOM implementation and that further investigation is
required.

Regarding the error message reported in WODEN-10, I think this was correct
when the JIRA was raised some time ago.  I assume something has changed in
XmlSchema and the original error has been fixed but the same problem now
manifests itself with a different error - however, this requires some
investigation to confirm that that's the case. Post-M6 anyway.

regards,
John Kaputin

             "Oshani
             Seneviratne"
             <oshanis@gmail.co                                          To
             m>                        woden-dev@ws.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             25/09/2006 02:35
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Woden Release
             Please respond to
             woden-dev@ws.apac
                  he.org

Hi,

OMUtils doesn't do anything to resolve the fragids. And I don't see
XmlSchema resolving fragids from an InputSource explicitly either. I
found that even with an InputSource as an argument in XmlSchema, it
first builds the Element and passes off to handleXmlSchemaElement
method in SchemaBuilder. This is the same method that gets called with
an Element as an argument! (see
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.SchemaBuilder.java:75).
So, my guess is that InputSource does not have anything to do with this.

In the Woden OM implementation however, although we are passing an
InputSource to the XmlSchemaCollection.read method, the original
OMElement resolves the fragid correctly.

I had a look at XERCESJ-1100 last week to see if their solution would
work, but found it bit vague to apply. Since I got busy with another
project I could not concentrate on it much either :(

Also I had another small point of confusion. The error message given
in WODEN-10 is
"org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchemaException:Document root element
is missing.",
whereas the error message I get with this test failure is:
"org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchemaException: An imported schema
was announced to have the namespace
http://greath.example.com/2004/schemas/reservationItems, but has the
namespace http://greath.example.com/2004/services/retrieveDetails"

Does it imply the same thing?

Oshani

On 9/25/06, John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
> Oshani,
> The fragid testcase that you reported as failing with XmlSchema 1.1,
> testSchemaId1G, only fails with the DOM implementation. This testcase
> passes with the Woden OM implementation.
>
> The difference seems to be in the reader's parseSchemaInline method. In
> DOMWSDLReader, the <xs:schema> DOM Element is passed directly to an
> XmlSchemaCollection.read method and an XmlSchemaException is thrown due
> the fragid problem.  In OMWSDLReader, the <xs:schema> OMElement is
> converted by OMUtils to an org.xml.sax.InputSource which is then passed
> an XmlSchemaCollection.read method and it returns without any exception.
>
> Do you know if OMUtils does something to resolve the fragid on the schema
> import before XmlSchema is invoked?  It seems either that the InputSource
> passed to XmlSchema no longer contains the fragid or that XmlSchema
somehow
> resolves a fragid found in an InputSource but not one found in an
Element.

> John Kaputin
>

>              Arthur Ryman
>              <ryman@ca.ibm.com
>              >
>                                        woden-dev@ws.apache.org
>              21/09/2006 16:45
cc
>                                        jpjhughes@gmail.com,
>                                        woden-dev@ws.apache.org
>              Please respond to
Subject

woden-dev@ws.apache.
>  09/21/2006 10:52 AM                                  org

cc

>              Please respond to
Subject
>           woden-dev@ws.apache.org                     Re: Woden Release

> Hi Arthur, it's just a bit disconcerting that this test passed against
> XmlSchema 1.0.3 and doesn't against XmlSchema 1.1. I think 1.0.3 was
> just ignoring the import. This meant the DescriptionElement was
> successfully created - and then our test passes because we're not
> testing whether everything is correct within the Description. So now
> it looks like XmlSchema is failing so this shows a test failure.
>
> Surely WODEN-10 is an XmlSchema problem and should be opened on their
JIRA?

> Cheers,
> Jeremy
>
> On 9/20/06, Arthur Ryman <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Oshani,
> >
> > I believe that failure is normal since we don't yet support using
> > fragids as schemaLocation uri's. See [1]. Would you like to fix this?
> >
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WODEN-10
> >
> > On 9/20/06, Oshani Seneviratne <os...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot for the update.
> > >
> > > I tried to build Woden with XmlSchema1.1 and it was all okay. But
when
> > > I run the tests, I have one failed test case from the
W3CTestSuiteTest
> > >  (testSchemaId1G). Anybody else experienced that?
> > >
> > > Oshani.

> all
> more

Oshani Seneviratne
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/Oshani

Re: Woden Release

Posted by Oshani Seneviratne <os...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Woden Release

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Oshani,

Re: Woden Release

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.
Jeremy,

I did open it against Xerces a long time ago but they said it was working
as designed and gave me a way to implement the function, which I add to
the WODEN JIRA[1]

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESJ-1100

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

"Jeremy Hughes" <hu...@apache.org>
Sent by: jpjhughes@gmail.com
09/21/2006 10:52 AM
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Re: Woden Release

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: Woden Release

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ar...@gmail.com>.
Oshani,

Re: Woden Release

Posted by Oshani Seneviratne <os...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Woden Release

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
In fact downloading and reading the XMLSchema was a hack for a another
problem we still need to solve. (That is, prepopulating the Woden model
with the XML Schema built in types.) Jeremy is correct though that the
enhancement in Woden-14 will eliminate the need to download the schema for
each description.

Lawrence

"Jeremy Hughes" <hu...@apache.org>
Sent by: jpjhughes@gmail.com
09/21/2006 12:36 PM
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Woden Release

Guillaume,

There is an outstanding patch in WODEN-14 which I will be applying
soon which will mean you can set up an XML catalog and hold the
XMLSchema.xsd there locally which will speed things up greatly.

Regards,
Jeremy

Re: Woden Release

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.