Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by David Welton <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/29 11:54:06 UTC

bpel and bpmn

I saw some guy talking about BPEL and BPMN at the Java conference
yesterday in Milan.  There was a thick layer of marketing slop on the
presentation, but the idea at heart seems interesting - let people do
high level processes in a flow-chart like notation that can be boiled
down to something that eventually executes.

What do you guys think?

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: bpel and bpmn

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
yes. requires 512 memory.to run in eclipse

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 6/29/2006 3:27 PM:

Re: bpel and bpmn

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: bpel and bpmn

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Re: bpel and bpmn

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: bpel and bpmn

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: bpel and bpmn

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: bpel and bpmn

Posted by David Welton <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: bpel and bpmn

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I believe that was the Idea behind UML (unified Modeling Language)
http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/formal/uml.htm
It really never got accepted. .

David Welton sent the following on 6/29/2006 2:54 AM:

RE: bpel and bpmn

Posted by Andrew Sykes <an...@sykesdevelopment.com>.
I had a look at mxgraph, very ambitious, although it didn't seem to work
too well...

I think the tool could be somewhat simpler than that!

- Andrew

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <an...@sykesdevelopment.com>