Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Mark Johnson <ma...@barrenfrozenwasteland.com> on 2010/03/01 01:30:13 UTC

MultiMCE Widget

Hi All,
At Dev8D I created a prototype multi-user WYSIWYG HTML editor/word
processor widget as part of a bounty. More details will be available on
the dev8D wiki[1] soon.

Unfortunately, Scott pointed out that as TinyMCE on which the editor is
based is LGPL, it's not possible to include it for distribution with
Wookie. With this in mind, I've decided to re-implement a (hopefully fully
functional) version of the widget using a non-copyleft licenced WYSIWYG
javascript editor. There's a list of the editors available with licenceing
info[2] so I'll start my search there. I'll post any updates to the list.

Cheers
Mark

[1] http://wiki.2010.dev8d.org/w/Bounties
[2] http://www.geniisoft.com/showcase.nsf/WebEditors

Re: MultiMCE Widget

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 01/03/2010 00:30, Mark Johnson wrote:
> Hi All,
> At Dev8D I created a prototype multi-user WYSIWYG HTML editor/word
> processor widget as part of a bounty. More details will be available on
> the dev8D wiki[1] soon.

Sounds cool.

> Unfortunately, Scott pointed out that as TinyMCE on which the editor is
> based is LGPL, it's not possible to include it for distribution with
> Wookie. With this in mind, I've decided to re-implement a (hopefully fully
> functional) version of the widget using a non-copyleft licenced WYSIWYG
> javascript editor. There's a list of the editors available with licenceing
> info[2] so I'll start my search there. I'll post any updates to the list.

On Apache Lenya they use BitFlux and Kupu to great effect (I beleieve
Kupu is general seen as the better of the two)

I've also heard very good things about Xinha.

Make sure you svn update as my recent changes will make testing this
widget much easier (the demo page now shows two instances running under
different users).

Ross