Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Xavier Olivella <xa...@xoli.cat> on 2007/07/17 20:48:42 UTC

General Ledger questions.

Hi everybody

I am setting up my own GL Chart of accounts with Spanish model and it's
working quite good (thanks to documentation!) except for the nightmare
of converting the defaults and accountTypes to its Spanish GL
equivalent :-(

Anyway I have a couple of questions.

1- I know how to set up all receivable and payable invoices to its
default GL account but, can I set up some specific GL account for some
customers and some providers? It's very usual here, so it would be
perfect for my accountant. The idea is that all invoices to (or from) a
particular PartyID may be posted to a GL account "linked" or associated
to that Party.

2- The second one is related to previous. If there's a parent GL account
that has several child accounts, how can I set up the parent balance to
be the sum of all child balances? You can figure it would be very useful
in above case among others.

I've been looking in docs and google lucklessly :-(

Thanks in advance!

Re: General Ledger questions.

Posted by Vince Clark <vc...@globalera.com>.
That helps. Thanks for the clarification.

--
Vince Clark
Global Era

Re: General Ledger questions.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Vince Clark <vc...@globalera.com>.
David

Posted by Xavier Olivella <xa...@xoli.cat>.
Yes, I'm using Opentaps, but i thought all this stuff was Ofbiz
business...

Thanks for your patience, I'll try in Opentaps forum.

El dt 17 de 07 del 2007 a les 13:31 -0600, en/na David E Jones va
escriure:

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Xavier Olivella <xa...@xoli.cat>.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.