Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Shibi NS <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/08 09:34:00 UTC

[users@httpd] Max number of process that can be run on a box having X GB as RAM

I have Linux machine which has  16 GB of RAM and Apache avg process size is
72 MB . What should be the ideal Max Clients so that there is better
performance we can get  from server and application ?

Mem:  16410440k

Process Size : 73603 K

So max I can have ~220 process, but if I set max process availability for
Max Clients is there is any performance issues i am going to face ?

--Shibi Ns--

Re: [users@httpd] Max number of process that can be run on a box having X GB as RAM

Posted by Shibi NS <sh...@gmail.com>.
Yeah that's rite . I wrote script to monitor the httpd process and RSS .  I
could see process size lies in  specific range that's between 70-75 KB. I
know there can e variation .

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.