Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Chunhui Shi <cs...@maprtech.com> on 2016/08/23 17:04:54 UTC

Hangout will start in minutes

The link of hangout is:

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/ci4rdiju8bv04a64efj5fedd0lc

Re: Hangout will start in minutes

Posted by Chunhui Shi <cs...@maprtech.com>.
Minutes for Hangout (Aug. 23rd 2016)

1, 1.8.0 release

Jinfeng as release manager of 1.8.0 mentioned the performance regression
issues.

1, count * from Parquet and count * from JSON table regression, Padma &
Arina were looking at it and Arina will be working on a fix.

2, Metadata cache performance (Aman)

Aman needs some some tests to run. Hopefully this one is getting closed.

Besides that, about DRILL-4850, Aman suggested to defer for this release,
Per Jinxing, this seems a random issue, recordBatch not always coming in
late causing schema change, generating a new type (Shawn?), exchange
expects a BigInt

People also discuss the proposal about improvement on unit tests. Paul was
suggesting we may need someway to allow running only relevant parts of unit
tests.

Part suggested to document Jason’s operator tests change so we know how to
leverage it

Then we also discuss build improvement, e.g. split java-exec into smaller
pieces,  remove stdout output of unit tests, maven run in parallel, timing
unit tests, drill bit restart, etc.

unit tests fails often. windows, Mac, linux,

Chunhui

Posted by Chunhui Shi <cs...@maprtech.com>.