Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Jean-Francois Poilpret <jf...@hcm.vnn.vn> on 2006/04/04 01:45:29 UTC

[Announce]: HiveMind Utilities 0.6.0 released.

Hello,

I am glad to announce the new release of the HiveMind Utilities project on
SourceForge.

This release fixes several bugs and bring a few new features. Besides, it is
based on a new build system, more flexible than the previous one.

For more information, take a look at http://hivetranse.sourceforge.net

Cheers

	Jean-Francois

Re: [Announce]: HiveMind Utilities 0.6.0 released.

Posted by Andrea Chiumenti <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean-Francois,
Glad to hear this, compliments!
I'll try your new version asap.
Cheers,
kiuma

Posted by Nick Faiz <ni...@q9software.com>.
Jean-Francois,

Thanks for the update. I did end up reading the 'News' section of the
web page.

I won't upgrade.

Cheers,
Nick

On 04/04/2006, at 7:36 PM, Jean-Francois Poilpret wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> For what is interesting for you, the only bug fixed is:
>
> - hivetranse.hibernate (2&3): fixed a problem where an
> HibernateException
> was wrapped in a TransactionException which was itself wrapped inside
> another TransactionException. Now we have only one
> TransactionException
> wrapping HibernateException (Note that for version 0.7.0, I intend
> to add a
> flag to disable the systematic wrapping of runtime exceptions into
> TransactionExceptions)
>
> As a matter of fact, the major change that was performed in HiveMind
> Utilities was more the change of the build system, rather than real
> functional improvements. But this step wa simportant for me because it
> helped me switch from vi to Eclipse for development;-) As a side
> effect of
> this change, I could also refactor some complex classes or methods
> (according to the report given by CheckStyle).
>
> So definitely not a major release, except for those who were
> stopped from
> working directly with the sources of HiveUtils because of its
> complex build
> system (even I found it hard to modify it after some time;-))
>
> Cheers
>
> 	Jean-Francois

Nick Faiz,
Developer
www.q9software.com

Re: [Announce]: HiveMind Utilities 0.6.0 released.

Posted by Nick Faiz <ni...@q9software.com>.
Jean-Francois,

Thanks for the update. I did end up reading the 'News' section of the
web page.

I won't upgrade.

Cheers,
Nick

On 04/04/2006, at 7:36 PM, Jean-Francois Poilpret wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> For what is interesting for you, the only bug fixed is:
>
> - hivetranse.hibernate (2&3): fixed a problem where an
> HibernateException
> was wrapped in a TransactionException which was itself wrapped inside
> another TransactionException. Now we have only one
> TransactionException
> wrapping HibernateException (Note that for version 0.7.0, I intend
> to add a
> flag to disable the systematic wrapping of runtime exceptions into
> TransactionExceptions)
>
> As a matter of fact, the major change that was performed in HiveMind
> Utilities was more the change of the build system, rather than real
> functional improvements. But this step wa simportant for me because it
> helped me switch from vi to Eclipse for development;-) As a side
> effect of
> this change, I could also refactor some complex classes or methods
> (according to the report given by CheckStyle).
>
> So definitely not a major release, except for those who were
> stopped from
> working directly with the sources of HiveUtils because of its
> complex build
> system (even I found it hard to modify it after some time;-))
>
> Cheers
>
> 	Jean-Francois

Nick Faiz,
Developer
www.q9software.com

RE: [Announce]: HiveMind Utilities 0.6.0 released.

How can I find out which bugs are fixed in 0.6? My current project
use HiveUtils (hibernate3) but I cannot ascertain whether or not to
upgrade.

Thanks for producing a helpful library.

Cheers,
Nick Faiz

On 04/04/2006, at 9:45 AM, Jean-Francois Poilpret wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am glad to announce the new release of the HiveMind Utilities
> project on
> SourceForge.
>
> This release fixes several bugs and bring a few new features.
> Besides, it is
> based on a new build system, more flexible than the previous one.
>
> For more information, take a look at http://hivetranse.sourceforge.net
>
> Cheers
>
> 	Jean-Francois

Nick Faiz,
Developer
www.q9software.com

RE: [Announce]: HiveMind Utilities 0.6.0 released.

How can I find out which bugs are fixed in 0.6? My current project
use HiveUtils (hibernate3) but I cannot ascertain whether or not to
upgrade.

Thanks for producing a helpful library.

Cheers,
Nick Faiz

On 04/04/2006, at 9:45 AM, Jean-Francois Poilpret wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am glad to announce the new release of the HiveMind Utilities
> project on
> SourceForge.
>
> This release fixes several bugs and bring a few new features.
> Besides, it is
> based on a new build system, more flexible than the previous one.
>
> For more information, take a look at http://hivetranse.sourceforge.net
>
> Cheers
>
> 	Jean-Francois

Nick Faiz,
Developer
www.q9software.com

Re: [Announce]: HiveMind Utilities 0.6.0 released.

Posted by Nick Faiz <ni...@q9software.com>.
Hey  Jean-Francois,

How can I find out which bugs are fixed in 0.6? My current project
use HiveUtils (hibernate3) but I cannot ascertain whether or not to
upgrade.

Thanks for producing a helpful library.

Cheers,
Nick Faiz

On 04/04/2006, at 9:45 AM, Jean-Francois Poilpret wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am glad to announce the new release of the HiveMind Utilities
> project on
> SourceForge.
>
> This release fixes several bugs and bring a few new features.
> Besides, it is
> based on a new build system, more flexible than the previous one.
>
> For more information, take a look at http://hivetranse.sourceforge.net
>
> Cheers
>
> 	Jean-Francois

Nick Faiz,
Developer
www.q9software.com

Re: [Announce]: HiveMind Utilities 0.6.0 released.

Posted by Nick Faiz <ni...@q9software.com>.
Hey  Jean-Francois,

How can I find out which bugs are fixed in 0.6? My current project
use HiveUtils (hibernate3) but I cannot ascertain whether or not to
upgrade.

Thanks for producing a helpful library.

Cheers,
Nick Faiz

On 04/04/2006, at 9:45 AM, Jean-Francois Poilpret wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am glad to announce the new release of the HiveMind Utilities
> project on
> SourceForge.
>
> This release fixes several bugs and bring a few new features.
> Besides, it is
> based on a new build system, more flexible than the previous one.
>
> For more information, take a look at http://hivetranse.sourceforge.net
>
> Cheers
>
> 	Jean-Francois

Nick Faiz,