Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Lothar Werzinger <lo...@tradescape.biz> on 2013/06/24 15:30:02 UTC

How is config admin data stored?

Hi,

I created a Karaf feature that contains a configuration block and when I
install it into Karaf it is properly recognized and registered with the
given PID. I can however not find where Karaf stores that configuration
information. I assumed that a new file with the corresponding PID will be
created in the 'etc' folder, but that is clearly not the case. However I
can go to the configuration web page of Karaf, make some changes, exit and
restart Karaf and the changes are remembered, so they are clearly stored
somewhere.

Can you please enlighten me where the configuration data is stored.

Oh, and by the way, why does the CA not create a file in /etc if a change
is made?
Because if such a file exists it is updated when a change is made in the
CA, that's why I assumed the CA would create one if I provide a
configuration via a feature.xml as well.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.
I tried the Forum first as instructed on your web site, but the message
just sits there with a "This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list
yet." message, so I am re-posting this message via the mailing list.
--

Lothar Werzinger

Principal Architect

Tradescape, Inc. - Enabling Efficient Digital Marketplaces

+1-650-931-6719 (direct)

+1-800-697-6068 (main) Ext. 116

lothar@tradescape.biz<ht...@tradescape.biz>

http://www.tradescape.biz

--

This message and any attachment (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message by mistake,

-

Re: How is config admin data stored?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Krzysztof,

config:edit should do the trick straight forward using the ConfigAdmin
persistence. However, I don't see the persistence adapter call (I
remember that Christian did a change around that).

I gonna create a Jira about that and fix that for 3.0.1.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: How is config admin data stored?

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Anyway, it would have been just a workaround: <config/> element should
behaves as config:update or ConfigMBean.

Regards
JB

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Just tested it,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yup, exactly ;)

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
ahh, yes that's the property one needs ... (and I was looking for ...)
so basically it should already do if one supplies this property in the
config element,
wouldn't it?
So basically we should close that issue with a little bit of documentation
:-)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

--

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: How is config admin data stored?

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Through the web-interface should already be, if I remember correctly.
There used to be a special flag or property available in the webconsole for
this.

regards, Achim

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Correct, and it's a pita that I forgot it: I created this Jira ;)

Regards
JB

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi JB,