Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by bm...@praxid.com on 2002/12/03 19:10:39 UTC

Help needed for threading

Hi

Here is config :

Am using the ajp13 connector between apache(2.34) and tomcat 4.0.3 under window 2000
server. Am using the scope as 'application' in all JSP files.

Here is settings :

 I have minimum processor as 20 in server.xml and the maximum processor as 100 for ajp13

Here is issue :
Tomcat is not recycling these  threads and not allowing my other user to use those process threads. The number of threads are  growing  rapidly
even with  one or two user and ends up with 100 thread , finally hangs

What could be the problem, or how do i able to relieve these thread after usage.

Ultimately i want reuse the thread in ajp13 connector

Advance thanks for any help.
BM

Tomcat 4.1.12 startup speed

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
I have recently upgraded about 200 virtual hosts from tomcat 3.2.4 to tomcat
4.1.12 and noticed that it takes much longer to start the server.  Tomcat
4.1.12 seems to print out quite a bit of information about each virtual host
and context that it is creating, which may be causing the long startup time.
Each host has at least three contexts, which means there are over one
thousand messages printed by the time all hosts are loades and before tomcat
can take any requests.

Is there a way to turn off the logging (I already have everything set to 0)
or speed up the startup?

Thanks!

Brandon