Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by "THORMAN, ROBERT D" <rt...@att.com> on 2016/03/08 22:13:17 UTC

How to kill a scanner?

Dev’s

I’ve got a run-away scan someone has started on my cluster; I can see it with listscans –ts <tsserver:port> in the shell.  Anyway to kill that without bouncing Accumulo?

Bob Thorman
Principal – Technology Security
AT&T Chief Security Organization
208 S Akard, 14th Floor
Dallas, TX 75075
(972) 658-1714

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of the AT&T companies, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Re: How to kill a scanner?

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
Does listscans show you where the scan is originating?  If so maybe you can
go to where the client is running and use netstat -nape to find the client
processed id and kill it.   Hopefully once you kill the client thats
running the scan, it will go away.