Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/14 02:25:09 UTC

Trafodion automated build & Test process (CI)

Hi all,

It seems to me that the Trafodion CI processes are still outside of the
sphere of influence of the ASF and this project. Is that a correct
assumption? And if so, what are the actions currenly in undertaken to bring
it to the ASF?

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: Trafodion automated build & Test process (CI)

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
See inline

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 4:17 AM, Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>
wrote:

> The CI processes are running on non-Apache resources. As I understand it,
> the biggest barrier to running on ASF service is to set up trafodion and
> the tests to run in docker containers.

There is quite a big SW stack that
> needs to be setup and

I suggest that we outline the build and test architecture in a wiki page,
so that there is a shared understanding of this..

> configured for Trafodion to run on and it does not
> run native on Ubuntu.

Trafodion doesn't run on Ubuntu?
Was that a choice due to constraints in resources? Is that still something
we want to uphold for the intermediate future?

Ubuntu is quite a popular Linux variant, even in server and cloud areas.
Or am I misunderstanding this?

Posted by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>.
The CI processes are running on non-Apache resources. As I understand it,
the biggest barrier to running on ASF service is to set up trafodion and
the tests to run in docker containers. There is quite a big SW stack that
needs to be setup and configured for Trafodion to run on and it does not
run native on Ubuntu.

--
-Steve

Re: Trafodion automated build & Test process (CI)

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.