Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by David Bernard <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/18 13:38:09 UTC

[wicketstuff] hosting repositories on sourceforge

Hi,

May be part of the space problem on bamboo server, could be solve by hosting maven-repository on sourceforge.
There is some advantages :
* every committer on wicketstuff, already, have ssh access
* every committer could deploy manually snapshots and releases
* release version could be deploy with maven-release-plugin
* if there is 2 repositories repo-releases and repo-snapshots, then we could request a rsync from repo-releases to maven central repository

I already setup this type of configuration of sf (cf: http://alchim.sf.net/download) and similar for other server http://maven-repo.gforge.inria.fr/releases , http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases .

WDYT ?

I could do a try with wicketstuff-parent, wicketstuff-misc

/davidB

Re: [wicketstuff] hosting repositories on sourceforge

Posted by David Bernard <da...@gmail.com>.
Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> The repo is not a problem iiuc.

OK, so forgot the proposal as a solution for the space problem on wicketstuff.org
What is do you thing about other advantages ?

> THe problem is that the server has log files
> that fill up the harddrive without rolling and compression.

:( log form bamboo or tomcat (just for my curiosity, I setup hudson but never bamboo)

Thanks for the reply.

/davidB

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
Seb is cleaning a bit and he will try to look into the log file
growing problems

Posted by David Bernard <da...@gmail.com>.
If you're ok I could setup sourceforge before tomorrow, and later request for maven central repo rsync.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Bernard <da...@gmail.com>.
Maurice Marrink wrote:
> Currently you would ask someone on this mailing list to give you
> access to bamboo where you can setup a build for your project(s) after
> that they are automatically available in the wicket stuff repo.
> Johan and Martijn can give you access, probably Eelco too, don't know who else.

Maurice,

I already have access to bamboo. It's why I say deploying isn't easy.
because
* wicket stuff repo contains artifact build by bamboo only.
* how I work (and core wicket is similar)
   * trunk host snapshot version
   * when I release (using maven-release-plugin) I tag the code
* wicket stuff repo mixe snapshots and released version => impossible to request rsync with central repository

bamboo is for continuous build, I understand to use it to deploy snapshots.
But my question was "how can we deploy *released* artifact today ?"
IMO, it's stupid to create a bamboo plan for release (one shot).
Using bamboo to release is overkill instead of :
mvn deploy
or
mvn release:prepare
mvn release:perform

similar question : where to deploy mvn generated site with bamboo ?

Thanks for your answer.

/davidB

PS: as you wrote using bamboo, require supplementary stuff for admin : provide account and permission on bamboo (after providing access on sourceforge : required for svn).

Posted by Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Bernard <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Bernard <da...@gmail.com>.