Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by David Nelson <ja...@david-nelson.com> on 2004/06/12 21:05:14 UTC

Problem using CommandListServ

I am trying to use the list-test to try out the CommandListServ and then set up
some lists.  I keep having a problem.  I believe I am missing a simple step but
am not sure what that is.  Here is what I've done so far:

1. I edited the <resources> tag in  james-listmanager.xml   to point to the
actual location of my miResources.xml file.

2. I changed the listOwner to point to david@localhost in james-listmanager.xml

3. I uncommented this line in config.xml
&listserverConfig;

When I try to start James, it exits with the following in phoenix.log:

INFO    2004-06-12 12:53:54.611 [Phoenix.] (): 14 Blocks to process for phase "s
tartup". Order of processing = [dnsserver, objectstorage, database-connections,
mailstore, users-store, thread-manager, connections, sockets, scheduler, James,
spoolmanager, remotemanager, pop3server, smtpserver].
ERROR   2004-06-12 12:54:02.240 [Phoenix.] (): Component named "spoolmanager" fa
iled to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason: javax.mail.MessagingExce
ption: Invalid user repository: list-test;
  nested exception is:
        java.lang.Exception: Invalid user repository: list-test).
ERROR   2004-06-12 12:54:02.244 [Phoenix.] (): There was an error running phase
"startup" for Block named "spoolmanager". (Reason: Component named "spoolmanager
" failed to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason: javax.mail.Messaging
Exception: Invalid user repository: list-test;
  nested exception is:
        java.lang.Exception: Invalid user repository: list-test).).
org.apache.excalibur.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleException: Component named
"spoolmanager" failed to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason: javax.m
ail.MessagingException: Invalid user repository: list-test;
  nested exception is:
        java.lang.Exception: Invalid user repository: list-test).
        at org.apache.excalibur.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleHelper.fail(Life
cycleHelper.java:289)
        at org.apache.excalibur.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleHelper.startup(L
ifecycleHelper.java:159)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.s
tartup(DefaultApplication.java:480)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.d
oRunPhase(DefaultApplication.java:428)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.r
unPhase(DefaultApplication.java:364)
rethrown from
javax.mail.MessagingException: Invalid user repository: list-test;
  nested exception is:
        java.lang.Exception: Invalid user repository: list-test
        at org.apache.james.transport.mailets.CommandListservProcessor.init(Comm
andListservProcessor.java:172)
        at org.apache.mailet.GenericMailet.init(GenericMailet.java:129)
        at org.apache.james.transport.MailetLoader.getMailet(MailetLoader.java:6
0)
        at org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.initialize(JamesSpoolMan
ager.java:253)
        at org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(Contai
nerUtil.java:235)
INFO    2004-06-12 12:54:02.273 [Phoenix.] (): exception while starting:Componen
t named "spoolmanager" failed to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason:
 javax.mail.MessagingException: Invalid user repository: list-test;
  nested exception is:
        java.lang.Exception: Invalid user repository: list-test).

WARN    2004-06-12 12:54:02.322 [Phoenix.] (): Failed to start application james
.
org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingException: Failed to start application jame
s.
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.kernel.DefaultKernel.startup(Def
aultKernel.java:195)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.kernel.DefaultKernel.addApplicat
ion(DefaultKernel.java:254)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.DefaultDeployer.deploy(
DefaultDeployer.java:353)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployF
ile(DefaultEmbeddor.java:498)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployF
ile(DefaultEmbeddor.java:491)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployF
iles(DefaultEmbeddor.java:476)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployD
efaultApplications(DefaultEmbeddor.java:466)
rethrown from
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.interfaces.ApplicationException: Component named "spoo
lmanager" failed to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason: javax.mail.M
essagingException: Invalid user repository: list-test;
  nested exception is:
        java.lang.Exception: Invalid user repository: list-test).
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.s
tart(DefaultApplication.java:144)
        at org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.start(ContainerUt
il.java:251)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.kernel.DefaultKernel.startup(Def
aultKernel.java:178)
[...]
WARN    2004-06-12 12:54:02.434 [Phoenix.] (): Failed to stop application james
as it is not initialized/started.

Thanks!
David

Re: Problem using CommandListServ

Posted by David Nelson <ja...@david-nelson.com>.
I figured it out.  forgot to uncomment the line for the list serve stores - oops.

Thanks!
David