Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by tutu <tu...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/23 11:44:34 UTC

How to handle exceptions in server side?

Hi all,

I'm a newbe to apache cxf. I use it with spring. I've just written few web
services and now I want to handle exceptions with them.
For example, i have a web service named CreateUserService that create a user
in database. I want this service to return exceptions if pb during user
creation like:
100: admin athentication failed
200: invalid parameter
500: application error / database not reachable

I've read few articles and searched for any solution in this forum but i do
not found anything (may be i'm not a good searcher...).

Does anybody has an idea or any solutions please?

thanks,

tugdual

Re: How to handle exceptions in server side?

Posted by tutu <tu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for this example Glen,
I think that will be very helpfull for me. That's what I want to do!

Tugdual

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
IIRC, no.  I don't think JAX-WS allows hierarchies/subclassing for SOAP fault
classes.

Glen

Posted by tutu <tu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.