Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2011/10/22 11:12:19 UTC

Bet you didn't know Lucene can...

Hi All,

I'm giving a talk at ApacheCon titled "Bet you didn't know Lucene can..." (http://na11.apachecon.com/talks/18396).  It's based on my observation, that over the years, a number of us in the community have done some pretty cool things using Lucene/Solr that don't fit under the core premise of full text search.  I've got a fair number of ideas for the talk (easily enough for 1 hour), but I wanted to reach out to hear your stories of ways you've (ab)used Lucene and Solr to see if we couldn't extend the conversation to a bit more than the conference and also see if I can't inject more ideas beyond the ones I have.  I don't need deep technical details, but just high level use case and the basic insight that led you to believe Lucene/Solr could solve the problem.

Thanks in advance,
Grant

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: Bet you didn't know Lucene can...

Posted by Mikhail Garber <mi...@garbercentral.com>.
Solr as enterprise event warehouse. Multiple heterogeneous
applications and log file sweepers posting stuff to centralized Solr