Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/21 08:06:39 UTC

autoRewriteSoapAddress property

Hi, devs

Currently if I set the autoRewriteSoapAddress=false, and have a wsdl file
contained in the application, and the wsdl file specified the soap address,
for example:
<soap:address location="http://a.b.com/services/hello"/>
then, after deployment, the soap:address still will be replaced by such
string
<soap:address location="/HelloService"/>

Is there any story behind the scene why not just used the one in the wsdl
file, i.e. http://a.b.com/services/hello?

I ask because with that I don't need specify the publishedEndpointUrl
property explicitly, but could define it in the wsdl file.

Any comments are appreciated.

--
Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org

Re: autoRewriteSoapAddress property

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
>From the property name autoRewriteSoapAddress, think it is used to control
whether the soap address will be rewriten per wsdl query request.

Think the scenario below :

Uses provide a endpoint impl and associated that with a wsdl file, then
configure that property with false, that means, ?wsdl should be always
return the original address in the wsdl, while now, it was still
overridden. Seems that, this property is only checked in the WSDLGetUtils,
while before that, the soap address in the shared definition has already
been updated.

Thoughts for this ? Not sure whether I understand the property usage is
correct ?

--
Ivan

Re: autoRewriteSoapAddress property