Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Felipe Schnack <fe...@ritterdosreis.br> on 2003/01/23 14:46:49 UTC

MBeanServer

  Anyone could explain me what's the purpose of the MBeanServer in
Tomcat 4.1.x? I'm just starting to study JMX and I'm very curious :-)

--

Felipe Schnack
Analista de Sistemas

Centro Universitário Ritter dos Reis
http://www.ritterdosreis.br
ritter@ritterdosreis.br
Fone/Fax.: (51)32303341

Re: MBeanServer

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On 23 Jan 2003, Felipe Schnack wrote:

> Date: 23 Jan 2003 11:46:49 -0200
> From: Felipe Schnack <fe...@ritterdosreis.br>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: MBeanServer
>
>   Anyone could explain me what's the purpose of the MBeanServer in
> Tomcat 4.1.x? I'm just starting to study JMX and I'm very curious :-)

In Tomcat 4.1, JMX MBeans are used by the administrative app to manage the
configuration of all Tomcat components.  The sources for all of this stuff
is in the org.apache.catalina.mbeans package, which also references the
commons-modeler package (utilities to help creating ModelMBeans).

In Tomcat 5, the use of JMX is going to be greatly extended -- it will be
built in to the component classes instead of being a bolt-on extra - and
we'll be able to provide things like performance metering statistics and
so on, through any client tool that speaks to the JMX server code.

> --
>
> Felipe Schnack

Craig