Posted to droids-dev@incubator.apache.org by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org> on 2012/01/12 17:30:35 UTC

Where is this project going? i.e. Plan for graduation

Where does this community want the project to go? It has been in the
incubator for quite some time now and the IPMC is looking at any project
that has been in the Incubator for over a year.

This project does have a release. I think we should make another one
with the improved code from trunk.

This project does have a history of attracting people. At least three of
us have been added as committers to the project since it started.

The project does have a diverse group of committers. We don't all work
for the same company.

The big thing holding up graduation is community size and activity.
People from the board have said that 3 active PMC members is all that is
required. Depending on how the PMC were created, if all committers were
put on the PMC, that could be easily done.

Do we as a project want to graduate into another project? The board is
against umbrella projects, but sometimes it makes sense to become part
of an existing TLP. We have both Lucene and HttpComponents listed as
sponsoring PMCs, and we could possibly graduate into one of those.
Another possible TLP would be Commons. We of course would need the
blessing of the existing TLP.

Personally, I don't think going into any of those TLPs make sense.

What do we need to do to get activity up and be able to move on to the
next step?

Richard