Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by kukusz <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/24 21:40:18 UTC

Not Retrieving Some JARs

This seems to be a very simple problem that I am having trouble tracking
down.  I have downloaded the tutorial and it works great.  Now when I try to
use this for my own dependencies I start seeing some issues.  One of the
things I am looking for is the apache camel-script jar.  Here is the POM
dependency:

 <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
    <artifactId>camel-script</artifactId>
    <version>1.2.0</version>
</dependency>

So I have this in my ivy.xml:

<ivy-module version="2.0">
	<info organisation="test" module="test" />
	<dependencies>
		<dependency org="org.apache.camel" name="camel-script" rev="1.2.0" />
	</dependencies>
</ivy-module>

When I run retrieve, I see:

[ivy:retrieve]  ==== public: tried
[ivy:retrieve]
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/camel/camel-script/1.2.0/camel-script-1.2.0.bundle

There must be some setting that I am missing, why is it looking for a
*.bundle and not fetching the JAR in that location?  Pointing me to the
relevant documentation explaining this is a good starting point.

Thank you!

Re: Not Retrieving Some JARs

Posted by kukusz <lu...@gmail.com>.
Actually I take it back - this does work as expected.  However, since
"bundle" appears as the packaging type it tries to grab that extension.
Only if type is null would it default to JAR.

            if (type == null) {
                type = JAR_EXTENSION;
                ext = JAR_EXTENSION;
            }

As I am just getting familiar with this project, I'm not sure what the best
way to proceed.  Putting an exception for "bundle" does not seem like the
way to go.

RE: Not Retrieving Some JARs

Posted by kukusz <lu...@gmail.com>.
It looks like the XSD specifies another element that might help in
determining the correct extension.  I have created a JIRA issue.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-633

RE: Not Retrieving Some JARs

Posted by Jing Xue <ji...@digizenstudio.com>.
Quoting Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>:

> The problem for this module is that the packaging says 'bundle' but
> the extension is .jar.
>
> I don't know if the pom is valid or not.
>
> Gilles

Looks like it is a packaging type supported by the maven-bundle-plugin:

http://cwiki.apache.org/FELIX/bundle-plugin-for-maven-bnd.html

The question now is how maven decides on the artifact type in that case.

Cheers.
--
Jing Xue

RE: Not Retrieving Some JARs

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.

Re: Not Retrieving Some JARs

Posted by kukusz <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Not Retrieving Some JARs

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.

2007/10/24, kukusz <lu...@gmail.com>:

> This seems to be a very simple problem that I am having trouble tracking
> down.  I have downloaded the tutorial and it works great.  Now when I try
> use this for my own dependencies I start seeing some issues.  One of the
> things I am looking for is the apache camel-script jar.  Here is the POM
> dependency:
>
> <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
>     <artifactId>camel-script</artifactId>
>     <version>1.2.0</version>
> </dependency>
>

> So I have this in my ivy.xml:
>
> <ivy-module version="2.0">
>         <info organisation="test" module="test" />
>         <dependencies>
>                 <dependency org="org.apache.camel" name="camel-script"
> rev="1.2.0" />
>         </dependencies>
> </ivy-module>
>
> When I run retrieve, I see:
>
> [ivy:retrieve]  ==== public: tried
> [ivy:retrieve]
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/camel/camel-script/1.2.0/camel-script-1.2.0.bundle
>
> There must be some setting that I am missing, why is it looking for a
> *.bundle and not fetching the JAR in that location?  Pointing me to the
> relevant documentation explaining this is a good starting point.
>
> Thank you!

Gilles SCOKART