Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/24 21:51:21 UTC

Changing MavenProjectHelper

MavenProjectHelper lives in the core, and I'd like to add another
method. What's the procedure from a compatibility standpoint? Do I
define a MavenProjectHelper2 that inherits from it so that existing
plugins can continue to have refs to the current interface?

Re: Changing MavenProjectHelper

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 25 Nov 2012, at 01:04, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> wrote:

> Since this is a plexus component implemented in Maven core [1], I don't see
> any problem with adding a new Method: if the method exists in interface, it
> exists in implementation.
> We would have a problem if it was an interface that is expected to be
> implemented by external code
>
> So I don't see any problem with adding a new method

I think Jason was talking about the suggestion to add the missing "throws SomeCheckedException" to an existing method signature - this could potentially break anyone calling that method because they must now catch it or add it to their method signature.

--
Cheers, Stuart

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.