Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2007/03/14 14:26:25 UTC

Checkstyle in testing/sca

I note that there are some checkstyle/pmd plugin configurations in the
testing/sca pom. Can anyone tell me if this is actually running. I've not
seen any indication in the mvn builds that I'm doing that it is. Maybe it's
just that the code is perfect or that I'm not configuring mvn properly!

Outside of the test hierarchy there is a profile ( sourcecheck I think) for
this. Why is this different in the testing modules?

Thanks

Simon

Re: Checkstyle in testing/sca

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.

> I don't think we used the sourcecheck stuff in the sca-java-
> integration
> branch, I never use it anyway, and i guess from what you're seeing
> others
> don't either.
>
>   ...ant

We use it in trunk kernel although there are currently a few
violations that need to be cleaned up. Extensions are up to the
people working on them.

Jim

Re: Checkstyle in testing/sca

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 3/14/07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've seen some recent commits from Raymond and myself around cleaning up
> checkstyle and pmd violations in the sca-java-integration branch. And, as
> said before, having the checkstyle and pmd plugins directly integrated in
> the IDE helps identifying violation right when you are coding.
>
> On 3/14/07, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > checkstyle

> > the
> > I've
> > Maybe
> > > properly!

> > > think)

> > > Hi Luciano
> > >
> > > Thanks for that. Doing mvn -Psourcecheck does at least give me some
> > > output!
> > > It also gives an error...
> > >
> > > Embedded error: Could not find resource
> > > 'C:\simon\Projects\Tuscany\java\java-int
> > > egration\testing\sca\itest\databindings\sdo/.ruleset'.
> > >
> > > Is this important?
> > >
> > > Simon
> > >

> > I don't think we used the sourcecheck stuff in the sca-java-integration
> > branch, I never use it anyway, and i guess from what you're seeing
> others
> > don't either.
> >
> >    ...ant
> >

> --
> Luciano Resende
> http://people.apache.org/~lresende

OK thanks everyone. I'll run the new code I have through mvn -Psourcecheck
and see if I can get the IDE integration up and running.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
I've seen some recent commits from Raymond and myself around cleaning up
checkstyle and pmd violations in the sca-java-integration branch. And, as I

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.