Posted to dev@seatunnel.apache.org by Guangdong Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2023/08/10 04:39:03 UTC

[DISCUSS]Remove scheduler in connectors

Hi everyone,

At present, many connectors push data to the destination through
asynchronous threads, like Jdbc,InfluxDB,IoTDB,StarRocks. This way there
will be some problems,

1.The way of asynchronous submission is the same as the function of
checkpoint, we can complete asynchronous submission through checkpoint
2.Asynchronous threads may not be closed in exceptional cases and the
connector cannot exit. Refer to
https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/issues/4736

Therefore, I suggest removing the asynchronous submission operations in
these connectors and replacing them with checkpoints, like
https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/5168

Looking forward to your feedback, thanks!

--

Best Regards

------------

Liugddx
liugddx@gmail.com

Re: [DISCUSS]Remove scheduler in connectors

Posted by Guangdong Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Of course.

--

Best Regards

------------

Liugddx
liugddx@gmail.com

JUN GAO <ga...@apache.org> 于2023年8月10日周四 15:27写道:

Posted by JUN GAO <ga...@apache.org>.

--

Best Regards

EricJoy2048
gaojun2048@gmail.com

Re: [DISCUSS]Remove scheduler in connectors

Posted by Jia Fan <fa...@qq.com.INVALID>.