Posted to users@griffin.apache.org by Lv Alex <al...@apache.org> on 2018/04/11 14:51:14 UTC

Suggest to simplify the process of running UI locally

Hi All,

According to the dev env build guide<https://github.com/luzx02/incubator-griffin/blob/master/griffin-doc/dev/dev-env-build.md>, I need to setup docker first even if I only want to contribute to the UI. Why don't we leverage some mock server such as json-server<https://github.com/typicode/json-server>? Then I can clone the project and run the UI in minutes without starting docker image.

Thanks.

Alex Lv

Re: Suggest to simplify the process of running UI locally

Posted by William Guo <gu...@apache.org>.
hi Alex,

It is a good a idea to separate building for different modules.

I agree we should make ui/service/measure modules self containing and
independent.

that means for different modules, we need to providing service interface
mockups,  like your mentioned json server for ui part.

we will create a ticket for this.

Thanks,
William

Posted by William Guo <gu...@apache.org>.
hi Alex,

Posted by William Guo <gu...@apache.org>.
hi Alex,

Fw: Suggest to simplify the process of running UI locally

Posted by Lv Alex <al...@apache.org>.
Not sure whether the below user list work or not.