Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2001/06/01 23:33:28 UTC

[v.j.orlikowski@gte.net: Re: cvs commit: apr/build apr_hints.m4]

----- Forwarded message from "Victor J. Orlikowski" <v....@gte.net> -----

From: "Victor J. Orlikowski" <v....@gte.net>
Subject: Re: cvs commit: apr/build apr_hints.m4
To: Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:44:19 -0400

 > No. I was using threads well before 2.0 came out. Threading libraries *do*
 > exist.
Agreed, but as far as I understood it, kernel level threads in Linux
came about with the clone() syscall, and glibc/LinuxThreads pthreads
implementation maps onto Linux's kernel threads.

 > autoconf was written to use the testing approach, rather than the "know
 > everything about all platforms" approach that Apache 1.3 used. apr_hints is
 > left over from the 1.3 days; ideally, we would find tests that would remove
 > every single one of those hints.

OK, we'll stick with the test, then. I have no problem with that.

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski

----- End forwarded message -----