Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Zarar Siddiqi <za...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/17 16:47:25 UTC

Configuring interceptors using annotations

Is there support for configuring interceptors using annotations? I'm looking
for something like the org.codehaus.xfire.annotations.InHandlers and
org.codehaus.xfire.annotations.OutHandlers class where were present in
XFire.

I'm thinking of writing similar annotations and want to make sure that the
work hasn't already been done.

Thanks.
Zarar

Re: Configuring interceptors using annotations

Posted by "Jeff.Yu" <je...@iona.com>.
Hi, Dan

Just review the changes that you made, it makes perfect sense. Thanks

-Jeff

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Jeff,

Thanks for the contribution.

One important note:  your patch REALLY doesn't use the generics properly.
If you need to @SuppressWarnings("unchecked"), 75% of the time, you're
not doing something correctly.   I've gone ahead and fixed up the code
in SVN.     I encourage you to take a quick look.  A good indication is
if you do something like "List a = new ArrayList()".    All collections
should be typed in one form or another. (unless dealing with jdk1.4 code
like wsdl4j)

Dan

On Thursday 26 July 2007 03:57, Jeff.Yu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've added the @Features annotation with the latest patch in this
> JIRA, can someone help me review and apply it if it is ok, also, in
> this patch, I've updated some codes according to the Glen's comments.
>
> Thanks
> Jeff Yu
>
> Daniel Kulp wrote:
> > Jeff,
> >
> > This is great...   Another idea along a similar path if you need
> > something to do would be to create a @Features annotation or
> > something to do the same thing as the features stuff in the spring
> > config.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > On Wednesday 25 July 2007 02:50, Jeff.Yu wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've submitted a patch for this JIRA, can someone help me review it
> >> and apply it if it is ok.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Jeff Yu

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: Configuring interceptors using annotations

Posted by "Jeff.Yu" <je...@iona.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Jeff,

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@iona.com>.
Thanks Jeff
I will take care of this patch

Freeman

Posted by "Jeff.Yu" <je...@iona.com>.
Hi, Freeman

Thanks, I've re-uploaded it.

Thanks
Jeff Yu

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@iona.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Posted by "Jeff.Yu" <je...@iona.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Zarar Siddiqi <za...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
Hi Zarar,
It'd be great if you could file a feature request in JIRA for this though:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF

Thanks,
- Dan

On 7/17/07, Andrea Smyth <an...@iona.com> wrote:

> Hi Zarar,
>
> As part of its JAXWS implementation CXF supports the
> @javax.jws.HandlerChain annotation for JAX-WS handlers.
> There are no custom annotations in CXF that allow to specify
> inbound/outbound fault/message interceptors (i.e. CXF handlers) ..
>
> Regards,
> Andrea.
>
> Zarar Siddiqi wrote:
>
> >Is there support for configuring interceptors using annotations? I'm
> looking
> >for something like the org.codehaus.xfire.annotations.InHandlers and
> >org.codehaus.xfire.annotations.OutHandlers class where were present in
> >XFire.
> >
> >I'm thinking of writing similar annotations and want to make sure that
> the
> >work hasn't already been done.
> >
> >Thanks.
> >Zarar
> >

> ----------------------------
> Registered Number: 171387

Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions

Re: Configuring interceptors using annotations

Posted by Andrea Smyth <an...@iona.com>.
Hi Zarar,

Zarar Siddiqi wrote:

>Is there support for configuring interceptors using annotations? I'm looking
>for something like the org.codehaus.xfire.annotations.InHandlers and
>org.codehaus.xfire.annotations.OutHandlers class where were present in
>XFire.
>
>I'm thinking of writing similar annotations and want to make sure that the
>work hasn't already been done.
>
>Thanks.
>Zarar

Registered Number: 171387