Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by puneet sharma <pu...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/13 13:26:24 UTC

create beans with XPath

Hi All,

Is there any way I can use XPath with XMLBeans to
create the beans. I know that there is a support to
select the nodes using XPath but I could not found any
thing to create the beans using XPath.

I tried integrating XMLBeans and JXPath. I am
specifying the XPath to get and create the beans.

It works fine for following scenarios
 Reading the simple type data
 Reading the array(multiOccurance in XSD) type data
 Creating the simple beans.

But I am facing problems while creating the Array type
of beans.
getXXXArray() of created XML Bean does not return
output which JXPath expects. getXXXArray() method
always returns a array may be blank. But JXPath
expects null instead of blank array .

Any one has created the beans using XPath. or achieved
similar functionality

Thanks
Puneet