Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Farrow, Marc" <MF...@sefl.com> on 2006/04/06 01:03:13 UTC

System.setProperty/System.getProperty

Is there an easy way within Tomcat to set System properties so that all
webapps have access to them at startup?  Basically, I would like to add my
own properties to the System object at startup as opposed to using
environment entries.  Maybe I am over thinking things.  Or better yet, what
is the best way to use Resource Locales per O.S.?  We test/deploy on win2k
but have live server of OpenVMS.  The main reason I need this is because File
I/O is a lot different between the platforms.

Thanks,

Marc

RE: System.setProperty/System.getProperty

Posted by Tim Lucia <ti...@yahoo.com>.
Wow.  OpenVMS is still in existence?  And it has a JVM?  Double Wow!

How come the I/O is different?  Shouldn't Java handle that for you?

Tim
(Former DECcie, 1988-1997)