Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "Rory O'Donnell Oracle, Dublin Ireland" <ro...@oracle.com> on 2014/02/04 11:20:15 UTC

JDK 8 Build 128 is available on java.net

Hi Uwe, Dawid,

Nice meeting you Uwe at FOSDEM, we must try to hook up at other events
in the
future.

JDK 8 Build b128 Early Access Build is now available for download
<http://jdk8.java.net/download.html> & test.
Please log all show stopper issues as soon as possible.

I would encourage you to read another interesting blog by Eric Costlow
regarding
  JDK 8 using TLS 1.2 as default
<https://blogs.oracle.com/java-platform-group/entry/java_8_will_use_tls>
. This first occurred in build 122, please do let me
know if you uncover any issues.

Thanks for your support, Rory

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

RE: JDK 8 Build 128 is available on java.net

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi Rory,

I am glad to tell: “jdk1.8.0-fcs-b128” was installed a minute ago. I am confident that no new problems occur J

Unfortunately the Solr builds are not very stable at the moment; I hope somebody fixes the recently occurring problems in our codebase, I gave up on trying to understand, how Solr tests work L. But if Apache Lucene passes the tests with the new JDK8, I am fine.

I will now also do some cross-checking of the forbidden-apis 1.4 (https://code.google.com/p/forbidden-apis/) codebase and its already built-in Java 8 support with the FCS version. This tool parses bytecode and finds invocations of discouraged (forbidden) APIs (including sun.* internal classes).

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

Posted by "Rory O'Donnell Oracle, Dublin Ireland" <ro...@oracle.com>.
Hi Uwe,

Posted by dalibor topic <da...@oracle.com>.

On 04.02.2014 11:38, Uwe Schindler wrote:
> I will update to b128, if I have time. Currently it is a little bit busy
> here… Is there any urgent change that made a short term b128 necessary?
> It is only 3 days since b127!

See
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk8-dev/2014-January/003896.html
for details on current EA build schedule.

cheers,
dalibor topic

--
<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +494089091214 <tel:+494089091214> | Mobile: +491737185961

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Kühnehöfe 5 | 22761 Hamburg

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher

<http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment

RE: JDK 8 Build 128 is available on java.net