Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Mark Lybarger <Ma...@CBC-Companies.com> on 2003/08/21 16:37:20 UTC

Intake not seeing an added group

I'm still searching the archives, but a specific search turns up little, and
a generic search turns up LOTS.

Intake doesn't seem to be seeing an added group.  I'm getting "RHS is null"
message in my velocity logs for the following line of velocity code:
	#set ($customerGroup  = $intake.customerGroup.Default)

This works fine on _my_ dev box, but when i move it to a solaris dev box, I
get the RHS is null message and the form doesn't see my group.

I've checked some hints found in the archives.  I'm using the same JDK/JRE
on each system.  I made sure the timestamp on the intake.xml file is newer
than the appData.ser. This should regnerate the appData.ser, correct?  I
also made sure to deploy the appData.ser from my dev box (w2k), so it should
have this group regardless.  All other forms with intake on solaris are
working fine.  Just this one that I've added.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated as I drudge more through the
archives and try to get this working.

Thanks!

~mark

---

Re: Intake not seeing an added group

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Mark Lybarger <Ma...@CBC-Companies.com> writes:

If you copy the XML files and do _not_ copy the .ser file. it should still
work but a little slower (needs to parse all the xml files at startup).

What version of Turbine are you using and do you have any logs @ debug
level from the startup of the intake service?

	Regards
		Henning

>I'm still searching the archives, but a specific search turns up little, and
>a generic search turns up LOTS.

>Intake doesn't seem to be seeing an added group.  I'm getting "RHS is null"
>message in my velocity logs for the following line of velocity code:
>	#set ($customerGroup  = $intake.customerGroup.Default)

>This works fine on _my_ dev box, but when i move it to a solaris dev box, I
>get the RHS is null message and the form doesn't see my group.

>I've checked some hints found in the archives.  I'm using the same JDK/JRE
>on each system.  I made sure the timestamp on the intake.xml file is newer
>than the appData.ser. This should regnerate the appData.ser, correct?  I
>also made sure to deploy the appData.ser from my dev box (w2k), so it should
>have this group regardless.  All other forms with intake on solaris are
>working fine.  Just this one that I've added.

>Any suggestions would be most appreciated as I drudge more through the
>archives and try to get this working.

>Thanks!

>~mark

>---

"Dominate!! Dominate!! Eat your young and aggregate! I have grotty silicon!"
      -- AOL CD when played backwards  (User Friendly - 200-10-15)