Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Ni...@le-rsi.fr on 2009/02/23 14:47:20 UTC

Can't browse repositories

Greetings,

I installed Archiva 1.1.3 and I'm running it deployed in JBoss 5.0. As
far as the webapp is concerned, every thing seems to work properly.

I added the Codehaus and the JBoss maven 2 repositories to the ones
configured by default, I created a network proxy as required by my
network and I created proxy connectors for all the configured
repositories. I did all this as admin. Once I finished, I clicked to the
Browse button and the < Browse repositories > page displays empty.

Trying to use maven with archiva doesnn't work (maven times out).
Without archiva maven is working. The settings.xml file only contains
the network proxy config, the same as the one in archiva.

Could anyone please help ?

Many thanks in advance,

Nicolas

Re: Can't browse repositories

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 6:47 AM,  <Ni...@le-rsi.fr> wrote:

> I added the Codehaus and the JBoss maven 2 repositories to the ones
> configured by default, I created a network proxy as required by my
> network and I created proxy connectors for all the configured
> repositories. I did all this as admin. Once I finished, I clicked to the
> Browse button and the < Browse repositories > page displays empty.

That would make sense -- there is no content in your managed
repository yet.  There won't be any content until you either deploy
something, or request some artifacts that get proxied through.

> Trying to use maven with archiva doesnn't work (maven times out).
> Without archiva maven is working. The settings.xml file only contains
> the network proxy config, the same as the one in archiva.

The settings.xml only contains the network proxy config?  I assume
this is your "without archiva" configuration, which is working.

What is your "with archiva" settings.xml configuration?  You'll need
to add <repositories> and optionally <mirrors>.

--
Wendy

RE: Can't browse repositories

Posted by yanke <ya...@dplanet.ch>.
As Wendy explained using
http://[server:port]/archiva/repository/[repoid]/org/apache/struts/struts2-core/2.1.6/struts2-core-2.1.6.jar
should trigger a download from the proxied repo to your local one (and then
you can see the file downloaded when browsing)

when you use :
http://10.82.0.39:8080/archiva/central/org/apache/struts/struts2-core/2.1.6/struts2-core-2.1.6.jar

you mean that "central" is the name of YOUR repo ([repoid])

[repoid] is the name you have configured in archiva as "Repository group"

since central is also the name of the central maven repo I thought you might
have used the wrong one,

just my 2 cents,

bye,
Yanke