Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Jay, Michael" <em...@ufl.edu> on 2011/05/06 16:26:29 UTC

problem with missing library(s)--google app engine

I am trying to write a web app to do authentication through google. My development environment is eclipse with the google GAE and jetty. I get no compile time errors--and I copied the web module folder (named *war* in eclipse) manually into webapps in tomcat. No .war file involved. The app runs in the dev server but via tomcat the following error occurs, even though the .jar files are in the WEB-INF/lib folder in my app in tomcat. Any ideas? Some fundamental tomcat configuration setting? Tomcat is attempting to run the proper servlet based on the web.xml file.

One of the files in the lib folder is appengine-api-1.0-sdk-1.4.3.jar

eclipse likes my import statement:

import com.google.appengine.api.users.*;

This package is in the .jar. User is a class in the package. createLoginURL() is a method in the UserServiceFactory class, also in the package. And yet, live in tomcat . . .

error:

com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy$CallNotFoundException: The API package 'user' or call 'CreateLoginURL()' was not found.
	com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy.makeSyncCall(ApiProxy.java:98)
	com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy.makeSyncCall(ApiProxy.java:50)
	com.google.appengine.api.users.UserServiceImpl.makeSyncCall(UserServiceImpl.java:123)
	com.google.appengine.api.users.UserServiceImpl.createLoginURL(UserServiceImpl.java:62)
	googleOID.splash.doGet(splash.java:34)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)

Library visibility seems to be the most common error I enounter so I assume I'm missing something elementary.

--michael

Re: problem with missing library(s)--google app engine

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.