Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org> on 2019/04/22 19:15:42 UTC

How to run PulseAuthorizationTest

Is there a way to run a geode-pulse uiTest on the command-line without it
failing due to "webdriver.chrome.driver system property"? I would expect
the gradle build to be setting this property.

$ ./gradlew geode-pulse:uiTest --tests PulseAuthorizationTest

> Task :geode-pulse:uiTest

org.apache.geode.tools.pulse.tests.ui.PulseAuthorizationTest >
authenticatedUserWithNoClusterReadPermissionShouldGetAccessDeniedPage FAILED
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: The path to the driver executable must
be set by the webdriver.chrome.driver system property; for more
information, see https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/wiki/ChromeDriver.
The latest version can be downloaded from
http://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/index.html

org.apache.geode.tools.pulse.tests.ui.PulseAuthorizationTest >
authenticatedUserWithClusterReadButNoDataReadPermissionShouldSeeClusterDetailsButGetAccessDeniedPageForDataBrowser
FAILED
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: The path to the driver executable must
be set by the webdriver.chrome.driver system property; for more
information, see https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/wiki/ChromeDriver.
The latest version can be downloaded from
http://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/index.html

2 tests completed, 2 failed

Re: How to run PulseAuthorizationTest

Posted by Michael Oleske <mo...@pivotal.io>.
These test require you to have the Chrome Driver from Selenium.  You can
find it here

https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/wiki/ChromeDriver

If you are on a Mac, you can probably (haven't tested this in awhile) use
brew with this command

brew cask install chromedriver

-michael